Friday, March 30, 2007

Back from the homeland


Dear Marc, I'm back.
Are you?

I took the plane, which I hate. I am always convinced I will crash and as I board the plane I solemnly look at my co-passengers who will share my sad fate. They always seem happy, bored or busy, never as seriously grave as one should be when having a date with destiny in the skies.

On the good side, I flew SAS, the air line with the oldest stewardesses. To me, this is in itself a reason to fly Scandinavian. Those ladies have been in the air since the days when it was a dreamy, glamorous job to ask strangers if they would like coffee or tea. That's a long time!

Only one bathroom was working.
I'm still cross people did not applaud my speed as I did my business in seconds out of politeness to other passengers also about to crash.

It's difficult even writing about my fear of flying. I feel it might be prophetic and that I will crash and people will point to the blog and say "look, she knew. but wait, if she really knew, would she have bragged about her toilet habits?".

I might, I'm so mysterious.

Come fly the friendly skies with me.

That top picture has nothing to do with this post. I just feel I have to share my kids and the LeGuelaff Breezes.

love
-e

4 comments:

The Spicers said...

What an adorable line-up!

Anonymous said...

emi u are great, even with fear u are awsome!!! i loved the picture too, as usual.

love
denise

la femme said...

Haha... cheering picture.

I don't like flying either. Have never flown Scandinavian, but would like to see those air hostesses.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Are all those lovlies really yours? How did you manage that? You clever girl.