Monday, November 20, 2006

Everyone knows but me!

















Dear Marc, first of all, you look amazing. You look younger than your man. How did you do it?
Evian, cigarettes and love?

I'll try it too!

You know I've been busy covering the big 5 candles party over here. Tidying up the place, I found one of Vanja's new gifts, a Bratz doll. And as I did, my life crumbled.















Look at her, all barefoot and hippie-happy. But she might not be so peace loving after all. At any moment, she might pull on those boots and powerwalk all over Barbie.

The kid in me had a moment. I tried to put the boots on the doll. Impossible.
You have to remove the feet to put on the footwear. I'm serious.

A million times I've wished for this. That I could simply remove my feet to put on the shoes or boots of my dreams. For this little doll, it was a normal thing. Perhaps this is how life is for everyone else around me too? Do the rest of the female world simply remove their feet? I feel this might very well be true. Why haven't I been let in on this? Why have I suffered in pain, squeezing my too broad feet into exquisite little pieces of footwear?
















This earth shattering insight leaves me with the following question: when will you be making detachable/attachable MJ feet?

After having removed my own, I will need an extra (designer) pair for those lovely beach walks and sleep walks. Please make them long and Italian looking.

love
-e

Note to self - check off from to do list: Write Marc Jacobs a letter on the benefits of removable feet.

1 comment:

Zeynep said...

Dear -E, thanks for this post. You gave me a brilliant idea! I thought the feet on our dressed-to-ski-B were lost forever. It's so sad to be a B-with-no-feet everytime we play dolls with my five-yr-old :) Now, I'll go home and check inside those apre-ski boots :) Best.