Monday, October 16, 2006

From Vinny with love



















Dear Marc, if you're just stopping by, let me tell you that I would write you personlized poems for your Christmas gifts too, if you only told me what you're giving who.

But since you haven't grabbed this opportunity, I've been busy helping others. Like Vinny, who's presenting her jet setting sis Elizabeth with a knee-length copper coloured jacket.

Here you go, Vinny:

Elizabeth darling, here’s a material kiss
A token of love from your bohemian sis
It may keep you warm, but who really cares
Important thing is, it will guarantee stares

I mean looks of that great kind that you already know
The kind you’ve grown used to – in sun and in snow
It’s made of a fabric in the (other) colour of money
I think you will like it, it’ll look great on you, honey

But since you’re a woman you might still be concerned
And since I’m one too, I have my lesson learned
This time, don’t you worry – it DOES make you look skinny
Big hugs, lots of kisses from your sister Vinny

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

EMI! I love my poem! Thank you so much. I will be sure to send you a photo. Today we're building a snow fort, with blue snow on the top (don't ask). I understand the weather is fine in Sweden.

Much love from Canada,
Vinny