Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fashion fantasy nr 1.














Dear Marc, as much as I like you, I also love Orla Kiely. I'm a predictable person and find some kind of comfort in this. I want to be a Scottish heiress, walking home from a lecture in my Kiely coat, sheltered from the rain by huge pears.

At home, fresh tea and scones (with raspberry preserves and clotted cream) are waiting by the fire. My kids are somewhere around, playing with scotties. Anders is solving local crimes, stumbling over our long lost family treasures. I look down on the rose garden while writing letters to my friends in Australia. I tell them how we grow prizewinning organic cucumbers in our garden. All proceeds go to Doctors without borders.

On weekends I take the bike to the store to stock up on chocolate and cheese. On the way there, I always run into the handsome country doctor who tells me everything that's going on in the neighbourhood. The scandals!

Must go take the apple pie out of the oven.

Take care love
-Ms McMarple.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so wonderful. I love your funny blog.

Claudia

Wicketywack said...

Tell more stories. More!

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Orla Kiely!!!!
Her clothes make me so happy!!!

Anonymous said...

So generous, thank you.

R