Sunday, November 20, 2005

Paging Robert Langdon

Dear Marc, isn't it great to see different styles side by side? Different ideals, different aesthetics, different facial tones?

I offer you Streep and Valentino:



Interestingly, they reflect the ideals of ancient Egypt, where the male is often depicted in a tan version, while women are portrayed whiter than a water lily gracing the shores of the Nile.







Is the fashion world connected to the past in a mysterious and grand way? Is there a connection? I feel there may be, as I recently discovered the likeness between Tutankhamen and Donna Karan. Judge for yourself, your honor!

King Tut:




Queen Karan:



What does this all mean? What are the ancient symbols and modern fashion designers trying to tell us?
Also, what can we expect from you in the future? Will you be sphinxing on the catwalk? I hope so!

mysterious greetings
-e

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am inviting you to participate in a fashion blogging event. Next Friday is Black Friday, the biggest shopping day in America. In honor or perhaps dishonor of Black Friday I am asking other fashion bloggers to join me in blogging about their own views on fashion, consumption, individuality, and the importance of fashion in our lives. I am encouraging any other fashion bloggers to join me in this endeavor, just make your own political fashion statements about your view on consumption and fashion and I will link up and we can hopefully dialogue in conjunction with many other fashion bloggers about the importance and politics of fashion and shopping.

Sincerely,
Almost Girl
http://almostgirl.coffeespoons.org